Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Welcome to the North Pole


It only took the entire day, but I got the mantle cleared and the North Pole Village out. I feel like putting out the actual houses was a lot easier this year, but perhaps that was because I had to spend so much time cleaning things off the mantle that decorating it seemed easy.

I love my mantle because it is perfect for displaying my village houses - and they are out of the reach of little hands. It was for that same reason that it was so hard to clean, as for the rest of the year it collects various things that I want to keep out of the reach of the kids. Pictures, broken toys in need of repair, paperwork, scissors - you name it, it was probably there. Which brings me to my first New Year's Resolution...

I will not clutter the mantle.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Yeah, good luck with that "I will not clutter the mantle." Mine will be, "I will not clutter the top of the Piano." But Like you said, where am I going to put all the stuff I want to keep out of kid hands? Let me know if you find the answer.