Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Welcome Home Snow

Isn't it fitting that we got a whole pile of snow 24 hours after we got back from our warm weather trip? This weekend's storm added up to about 11 inches of white, fluffy snow at our house. We actually put some thought into the preparations for the storm and purchased a second, and third, snow shovel and two sleds (although I forgot to buy snow pants & boots for the Dandelion, again). It was a good thing we did because the snow ended around noon, providing the perfect opportunity to go out.

We started out as the shoveling brigade, with the Eagle & I working on clearing the driveway. The Tumbleweed had a new shovel and was eager to help. The Dandelion tried out a sand shovel and a dustpan before deciding that riding his bike was a better idea.



I brought out the sleds when it appeared that interest in shoveling was dwindling and they were a big hit. The Dandelion only went down twice, mostly because he didn't like climbing back up the hill, but the Tumbleweed loved it! She must have spent about an hour sledding, for a total of 1.5 hours outside, which was just shy of the amount of time it took the Eagle to finish shoveling the rest of the driveway. We were both amazed.



No comments: