Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Monday, December 21, 2009

Edible Art


One of the messiest projects of the holidays is frosting the cutout cookies. I have a love hate relationship with these cookies - I love to eat them, I hate to clean up after making them.

This year I decided to let the kids try their hand at decorating some cookies for Santa. Frosting, food coloring, sprinkles, crumbs - there isn't much that isn't messy about the process even when I do them by myself so why not let them get the mess started, right? They both enjoyed it. The Dandelion pretty much just ate the toppings straight, but the Tumbleweed really got into it and decorated 3 cookies "for Santa" and asked if she could do "just one more" for herself. She really seemed to put a lot of careful thought into the decorating, making quite the edible art. But I think she ate enough of the toppings along the way that she didn't even want to eat her cookie when she finished!




























Once they were done, I spent the better part of 2 hours decorating the remaining cookies... and cleaning up the mess.

No comments: