Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

School Snack Series - Day 5

On Monday, when we were shopping for snack ingredients at the grocery store, the Tumbleweed decided what she wanted to take for her special birthday snack. No cupcakes for her... she wanted Rainbow Jell-O. I spent yesterday evening boiling water and waiting for Jell-O to set, again & again. It took less than three hours, which was better than I had expected, to make 6 layers.

Rainbow Jell-O

Clear Cups
6 boxes of Jell-O - one each of red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple
Lots of water

Assembly - Make first layer of Jell-O according to box directions. Wait until it sets. Add next layer. Repeat as needed. *to speed up the process, use ice cubes in the "cold water" part of the box directions.



It also happens to be "R" week at her school, and they have been doing lots of rainbow crafts/papers, so Rainbow Jell-O was quite fitting. The Tumbleweed said the kids loved it :)

No comments: