Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Friday, March 19, 2010

Birdwatching

Spring is in the air. We have had a nice stretch of warm days in the 50s this week. We have gotten back to walking the trail twice a week with our friends. The kids have enjoyed getting out in the afternoon to ride bikes and collect sticks in the yard. And of course the birds and bugs are reappearing all over the place.

Our new bird feeders have certainly been attracting our feathered friends. I am enjoying the challenge of sitting quietly by the window and waiting to get a good picture. I think the birds watch me too because when I'm not sitting there with a camera, I walk into the room to find the coolest birds on the deck. Sometimes I am sneaky enough to get some pictures, but most of the time they fly away.

I don't have a picture of our newest bird, a red winged blackbird, but I have managed to snap a few more good pictures.
























The nuthatch is certainly my favorite to watch. They visit regularly with their acrobatic perching and constant movement. The cardinals and blue jays pass through daily, but never stay long and are really hard to photograph. The Downy Woodpecker is a less frequent visitor so it was a nice surprise to find him dining along side a cardinal this morning.

No comments: