Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dying Eggs

We didn't dye eggs last year, perhaps I should have remembered why. But, during a moment of weakness on Monday while we were at Walmart I let the Tumbleweed pick out a glitter egg dye kit. That sounds like fun, right?

Not exactly. As I set up newspaper, six cups of egg dye, and 12 hard boiled eggs I started to question my decision. The Tumbleweed was very excited, which therefore caught the attention of the Dandelion, and I had two egg-makers all ready to go. Less than 30 seconds in - after two eggs had been dropped into the cups with big splashes - I was ready for it to be over.



Fortunately, the Dandelion lost interest waiting for his eggs to change color, so the Tumbleweed and I were able to finish the rest with a little less mess. I still decided that there was not enough time (or enough patience!) for glitter yesterday morning and waited until today to glitter them. The kids were both excited about their eggs, so I guess it was worth it in the end. I am still not sure about this holiday tradition, but I did learn from the experience - it requires lots of patience and shouldn't be done in the morning before school!

No comments: