Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

School Snack Series - Day 4

My plans for today's snack were radically altered when the Tumbleweed told me that she would "absolutely not eat" what I had planned to make ("Pinwheels" - tortillas with cheese, lettuce and carrots, rolled up and sliced into circles. Apparently she doesn't like tortillas). So at 9am I was scrambling to come up with a new snack for 25 kids using ingredients we already had in the house. And that is how "Log Rolls" were created...

Log Rolls

Club Snack Stick crackers
American Cheese
Lettuce - sliced into 1.5" x 3" strips
Ham slices - cut in half

Assembly: Break cheese into pieces that fit on the crackers. Place lettuce on top of ham. Roll ham & lettuce around the cheese & cracker.

No comments: