Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Monday, March 29, 2010

Not-So-Well Visit

So, today was to be the Tumbleweed's five year check-up, complete with the remaining two shots required for her to go to school in the fall. She was fully aware of this, and therefore had been promised a trip to Toys R Us following the appointment to purchase a toy that she had been saving her money for (which she had done) if she behaved at the doctor.

So imagine my surprise when she had a rash all over her when we got there. Feeling like a completely awful mother, I confessed that I had not noticed the rash because she had dressed herself this morning. The doctor took one look at it and said, "it looks like strep." Strep? She is acting fine. But 10 minutes later, we had the results back that she had strep. So that meant no shots for a couple more weeks (she liked that idea), but no school (she didn't like that at all).

But that left me with a dilemma. She behaved well at the doctor, but didn't get shots. Should she get her reward? Well, she did get the reward - a Barbie and the Mermaid Tale "Merliah" doll. I guess I am going to have to come up with something else for the day we go back for the shots.

1 comment:

Michele said...

If the request from you was to behave well at the doctor and she did, you reward her. If the request from you was to do well taking her shots, then no shots, no reward. It's all about the contract!