Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Thursday, June 4, 2009

MNO

As a mom, it is often necessary to get out for the evening. But as someone who does not work and who is not from the town I currently live in, finding people to "go out" with for the evening can be a challenge. That is if you aren't a member of the local MOMS Club.

I can't imagine where I would be today with out the MOMS Club...probably hidden away in a padded room somewhere banging my head against the wall wondering why my kids won't listen to me. LOL... at least now I know that no one's kids listen :)

Tonight I had a wonderful evening with friends at our end of the year banquet. There was good food, reminiscing, no children, interesting conversations, hilarious "awards", no children, fabulous slideshow, a gourmet cake (made by one our members!) and, did I mention, NO CHILDREN! A great time was had by all!

And now I'm sitting at my computer crying.

I can't exactly explain it, but as ready as I am to pass on my duties, being MOMS Club President has been very fulfilling over the past three years. I am going to miss it.

Okay, now I wish the tears would stop already!

Back to tonight.. we had lots of fun looking back at the early days of the chapter, back when we first moved here, and seeing how far we have come. We have more than quadrupled the number of members, most of us have at least doubled the number of kids we had back then, and now we are doubling the number of chapters. Without the hard work of the Executive Boards, Committee Chairs, volunteers and the members none of this would have happened. It has been really rewarding to be a part of.

I am so thankful to everyone who has made this a really positive part of my life... and that no one made me get up & cry in front of everyone tonight. That wouldn't have been much fun would it?


... BTW - I cleaned out my purse before leaving the house... just in case... and it was a good thing I did.

1 comment:

Michele said...

I'm sorry I missed your big night ... and I am glad there was no fruit in your bag!