Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Friday, June 26, 2009

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!

Amateur Gardener - 1, Lily Beetles - 0


As you can see, I have my first lily blooming, and several more are ready to bloom this week I think. For the time being, I have conquered the lily beetles.

Now if I could only conquer the slugs... my strawberry count is up to 6 harvested (there should be at least 4 more by the end of the weekend). Slugs have gotten another 6, and the lovely rain has rotted 3 or 4 more. I suppose that is six more than I have grown before.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Congrats on the defeat of the lily beatles! We have a new challenge... something is eating the lily buds right before they open. I'm thinking deer....