I love that the kids are getting old enough to play together. One of my favorite things they do together started about a week ago, and involves me getting some extra sleep - whoo-hoo! Here's the formula...
1. Both kids wake up at relatively the same time (doesn't matter who is first, but it needs to be within about 5-10 minutes or before the Tumbleweed leaves her room).
2. The Tumbleweed goes into the Dandilion's room. He is still in his crib, but has already started talking (she knows not to go in if she hasn't heard him).
3. She adds enough toys & books to his crib that he can barely move. He giggles as each one gets added.
4. When she runs out of things to add to the crib, she hides under the crib and pops out saying "Surprise!" He laughs & tries to guess where she is going to pop out of the next time.
5. This can last up to 30 minutes before one of them asks for food or drink, and needs me to get it...
The Dandilion has caught on to the game, and now will also hide from her (behind one of the numerous toys he now has), and the yells "Two Pies" when he pops out. It is hysterical, and he will do it at other times too.
After the latest round, when it came time for nap we had lot of animals to clean out of the crib, so I had him help me toss them back into the toy bin. With each one he tossed out, we said "[name of toy], get out of here!" He got a huge kick out of that!
So, the "Two Pies" will be on the Tumbleweed tomorrow if he starts throwing the toys back at her...
6 months ago