Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Friday, September 5, 2008

Mortified

It started as a simple errand - Drop off form to sign up for playgroup - but with kids nothing is simple. We pull into the parking lot and I hear "I have to go potty, Mommy". OK, we will all run in and you can use the potty inside. We do just that, but afterward Mommy starts talking to the director, who allows the kids to play in the playroom.

We are having a nice conversation until I turn around to see the Tumbleweed (who has been potty trained for more than 6 months), pulling at her underwear. Here comes the part that I couldn't believe... she pulls out her hand and wipes something on the play mat - POOP! Flabberghasted I whisk her off to the bathroom where sits on the toilet, poops, and tells me "I wanted to check to see if poop was really coming out" I should have followed that with "When you figured out that it was, why didn't you run to the bathroom?" but I was too stunned by what had happened. We cleaned up our mess, and got the heck out of there.

Ah, the joys of potty training.

No comments: