Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy Camper

One of my favorite movies is The Parent Trap. I actually like both the original with Hayley Mills and the remake with Lindsay Lohan. I think part of the reason I like this movie is because of the quintessential summer camp the girls meet at. Besides having your cabin booby trapped, it seems like a fun place.

My kids aren't quite old enough for sleepaway camp, but they are going to "summer camp". These days there are all kinds of day camps for kids, even at age 3! The Tumbleweed has gone to a couple of different camps the past 2 summers, but this will be the Dandelion's first time. He will be attending soccer camp with his sister - although in separate groups. He is so excited.

The Tumbleweed is excited about soccer camp, but even more excited about "Flippers Camp" at her gymnastics center*. Five full mornings of gymnastics, swimming, crafts & playing in the zone. She loved it last year! We signed up a couple weeks back, and ever since she has been bugging me about when she gets to go. She was even featured in the April issue BayState Parent magazine. I have a feeling we are going to have a calendar marking off the days from the end of school until camp!


*GLC Discount! Any new students who sign up before May 1st for a summer camp or current/summer class (swimming or gymnastics) at GLC and mention our name can get $5 off each child's tuition!

No comments: