Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Monday, November 16, 2009

Jingle Bell Rock

Well, we have come to that time of the year again... you know, the "Halloween is over so we better get ready for Christmas ASAP" part of the year. It's a little over a week until Thanksgiving but the decorations are up at the mall, the music is playing & Santa has arrived. I know people gripe & complain about this but frankly, I kind of like it.

Last year I posted about how I started playing Christmas music on November 13th. I think I started during the first week of November this year... not all the time, just one of the 6 CDs in the car... although as soon as I have time to dig out a few more CDs I'll probably up that to 3 or 4. Knowing how much the kids have been enjoying (unintentionally) making up funny lyrics in the car, I am looking forward to hearing some kid renditions of the Christmas tunes.

I have gotten started with my shopping. Mostly stuff for the kids so far (since toy shopping is fun no matter how old you are!), but I have a few other things taken care of and a plan for almost everyone else on my list. And as I have for the last 10 years, I am planning to go out shopping on Black Friday. This year I have found a cool site that posts the Black Friday Ads early, which will totally streamline the planning process on Thanksgiving Day.

This December is going to be totally crazy - even before we add in the inevitable snow days and sick days - so I need to go into December with most things already taken care of. So, I am glad that Christmas season has extended to include November, it gives me so much more time to get everything done!

No comments: