Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Friday, January 29, 2010

Bathing Suit Underwear

About a year ago, the Tumbleweed was watching one of her friends in a different swimming lesson and asked "When can I have bathing suit underwear?" I almost died laughing at the time, which she did not like one bit, as I realized that she was referring to the two-piece swimsuit the little girl was wearing.

I don't think I actually gave her an answer at the time, but in my head the answer was "never". However I changed my opinion after a week of summer camp last year. They asked the kids to come wearing their bathing suits under their clothes, yet swimming wasn't until 2 hours after they arrived. I thought this was pretty ridiculous considering 3-5 year olds were bound to have to go potty before then and would have to take off all of their layers. Then I realized that the other girls were wearing two-piece suits which made potty breaks much easier. Hmmmmm...

So when I signed her up for a swim lesson at the Y this session at the same time that the Dandelion was in a Parent & Child sports class with me, I decided that it would be a good idea to invest in that two-piece suit so she wouldn't have any problems in Child Watch before her lesson. It was a bit of a challenge to find a suit that was not really a "bikini" (lots of bare belly) but a "tankini" (shirt meets the bottoms), especially shopping in January. After finding very skimpy suits at Target, I finally found one at Carter's. She was so excited to wear her "bathing suit underwear" the first time!



And now we are all set for camp this summer!

No comments: