Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Friday, July 31, 2009

How I Spent My Summer Vacation - Week 6

Week of July 25, 2009

Theme of the Week: Thinking Local. This week we have been trying to experience things in our town and the neighboring towns --- both while visiting my parents and back at home --- along the way we had lots of fun with family and friends.

Saturday: Day Two of our visit to Grandma & Grandpa's. The kids went with Grandpa and I to Lowe's for a free "Built & Grow" Workshop where we built "hodotoders" [helicopters]. In the afternoon we went to see Great Grandma Mickie at the lake, where the kids had an awesome time playing in the water, throwing rocks, and watching the ducks.

Sunday: On the road again. We spent the morning at Grandma & Grandpa's, playing in the yard. The Tumbleweed enjoyed brushing the cats and picking vegetables, while the Dandelion loved climbing on the tractor and running around the yard. We got on our way around 1:00, but took a detour through the new Wegman's before leaving town.

Monday: Back to "normal", if there really is a normal during the summer. The Tumbleweed had gymnastics in the morning and we headed to a MOMS Club pool party in the afternoon. The kids had a great time in the water and even I didn't mind going in because it was a HOT day.

Tuesday: A day with no plan. Hard to believe, isn't it?!? What did we end up doing? We went to Walmart... not exactly fun, but I did get started on my back-to-school shopping and was motivated to finally organize the kids drawers when I got home. After naptime we went to the farm to pick up our veggies --- and then home to cook some for dinner. Yum.

Wednesday: A "here, there & everywhere" kind of day. We started by heading to the Dandelion's first karate class - only to find out that it was canceled due to lack of enrollment. I wasn't pleased, but they were able to place him in another session later that day. We killed some time by heading blueberry picking and stopping at the scrapbook store. Then it was off to picnic at the park with our MOMS Club friends. We left the park sweaty and covered in sunscreen & sand and still had to head to dance and back for the other karate class. Phew - I think that was a little too much for one day.












Thursday: We headed to gymnastics and then stopped at one of the local farms to pick up veggies for dinner on our way to a friend's house for a playdate. The kids had an absolute blast, eating cupcakes and putting on a talent show. A really fun afternoon. We did some more experimenting with veggie recipes at dinner and I headed to bed at 8:30... boy, I was tired.

Friday: The rain returned just in time for us to head to the town concert series, and while it was great to have a rain location, we were totally drenched going in and coming out. I'll be lucky if my shoes dry by Monday! But the music was great :)

No comments: