Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Saturday, July 11, 2009

How I Spent My Summer Vacation - Week 3

Week of July 4, 2009

Theme of the week: Back on track! After two "unscheduled" weeks, we are finally back to having scheduled activities - something the kids and I are both more comfortable with.

Saturday: The 4th of July. We had a great holiday - with a road race for the whole family in the morning, and an afternoon at Nana & Papa's house. The kids had lots of fun playing outside at Nana & Papa's since the weather was finally decent!


Sunday: The Tour de France was underway, and we enjoyed a quiet morning getting chores done and watching stage 2. The kids and I did a little strawberry picking on the final day of the season at Silvermine. And for dinner we headed to a friend's house for a BBQ.

Monday: The start of a busy week!!!! The first day of soccer camp meant that we were up & out of the house at 8:30. The Tumbleweed took a little time to get into the spirit of things, but once she did, she was tearing up the field. Afterward, the Tumbleweed had her first day of summer gymnastics. I was concerned that she might be too tired to do both (we already had soccer camp on the schedule when we got the gymnastics schedule), but she actually handled it quite well. The Dandelion was not a fan, though that wasn't really a surprise.

Tuesday: Safari Day at soccer camp... The Tumbleweed was totally into the it, wearing my new Tilley hat most of the morning. The Dandelion handled watching a little better today, fortunately today he didn't have to sit through 2 activities. The afternoon left us without power for a little while while a storm rolled through - the Tumbleweed and I spent the afternoon doing puzzles and getting all the pieces back into the right boxes.

Wednesday: My Terrible-Horrible-No-Good-Very-Bad Day. While we got a late start, I thought I had recovered getting everyone to soccer on time. The Eagle came to watch, which the Tumbleweed loved, and so did the Dandelion because Daddy let get out of the stroller a play. We headed straight from soccer to the free movie - Madagascar 2 - at the theater. Things went downhill from there... "Mommy I want more food", hiding behind the seats because it is too scary and at the end the Dandelion had been sitting in wet squishey gummy snacks. We headed home. No need for details, but the rest of the day wasn't much better. I went to be early.

Thursday: The last day of soccer camp, followed by gymnastics, the a trip to the grocery store. The kids did pretty well at the grocery store --- and they were even handing out samples of hot dogs - Free lunch! When we got home, the Eagle had found an awesome special surprise for Friday and we were excited to get packing for our trip. After dinner, I headed to MOMS Night Out for some fancy s'mores and conversations by the lake.

Friday: We packed up and hit the road early to arrive in North Conway for the special surprise... A Day Out with Thomas the Tank Engine. The kids got a huge kick out of the whole experience. The it was off to the hotel to get some rest for the rest of the big weekend!

No comments: