Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Saturday, July 4, 2009

How I Spent My Summer Vacation - Week 2

Week of June 27, 2009

Theme of the week: Do as much as you can on the sunny days, because you never know when you'll have another one!

Saturday: We celebrated the Dandelion's birthday with a little family party & a homemade Cars cake.


Sunday: The kids & I marched in the Millbury Independence Day Parade with the MOMS Club. Then I went off to my scrapbook club, while the kids helped Grandpa with a "project".


Monday: Grandma & Grandpa said goodbye and headed for home, while I spent my day doing my final reports as MOMS Club president. We ended up staying home all day --- and lived to tell!

Tuesday: The kids had dentist appointments first thing, then we met the MOMS Club at Davis Farmland. It was our first trip to Davis. I entered the park with no map & no plan, and it all worked out OK! LOL...this was vary stressful for me at first, but we managed just fine. The kids had a blast & we stayed until 3:30.

The kids & I on the hayride

The Tumbleweed earned a pony ride

The Dandelion loved "dwiving" the "Twakter"

Wednesday: The rain returned and we ad no official plans for the day, but the kids & I made do. We went to a local nursery where they have a special green house with butterflies. The Tumbleweed & I were able to find butterflies, as well as chrysalis and caterpillars.


Thursday: More rain - and we were stuck at home all morning while the my cracked windshield was replaced. We spent the afternoon at the scrapbook store planning my next two classes :)

Friday: The sun was out! We headed out to walking group and then the playground. From the playground we took a detour to pick cherries at a local farm, since it was probably the only day they were going to let people pick this season. One the way home we stopped and had ice cream (for lunch). And since it was my birthday, we went out to dinner at the Rainforest Cafe and had cookie cake when we got home (my favorite!) A crazy & fun day!


--

Next week we are finally on more of a schedule with several of the kids' activities starting, but there is still a lot of unplanned time as well.

No comments: