Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Butterflies & Wildweeds

Mid-July Garden Report:
Back in the spring I planted a big package of wildflower seeds that were supposed to attract butterflies. While the bed is full of greenery, it is mostly weeds & crabgrass. The few flowers that did come in don't seem like the type that will be attracting butterflies. This weekend I set out to weed the wildflower bed and plant another packet of seeds. I don't know if the new seeds will come in any better, but I consider the weeding work a success because I was able to capture this photo while I was in the garden...


Elsewhere in the garden, the Hollyhocks are blooming despite a terrible case of "rust". My first tomato has ripened, but has also been affected by the slugs :(. There are 4 more left on the vine - hopefully they will make it. And... my strawberry plants had babies! So far it looks like I will now have 7 strawberry plants (I had 2 this year).

No comments: