Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Monday, July 6, 2009

Adventures in Cooking - Strawberry Jam

This weekend, we managed to catch the final pick day of strawberry season. We picked 6lbs more (bringing the total to 21.5lbs for the season), with the intention of attempting to make jelly.

I've never made jelly before, but I followed the instructions for Strawberry Freezer Jam in the Ball Original Fruit Pectin package. It seemed pretty simple, and didn't take too much time beyond cutting up the berries. I ended up with 5 half pint containers of jam. I am looking forward to tasting my final product - I hope it turns out well.

This season, we have enjoyed lots of fresh strawberries, chocolate covered strawberries, strawberry shortcake and strawberry glace pie. I also have stored 3 strawberry toppings and two bags of smoothie berries. I look forward to carrying this new hobby forward into blueberry picking season and beyond.

No comments: