Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I'm Shedding!

My latest read is "When Organizing Isn't Enough, SHED Your Stuff, Change Your Life" by Julie Morgenstern. It had been cluttering my bookshelf for more than a year, but finally I have gotten down to the business of reading it and putting it to the test. Now I have a new personal theme and I am looking at all of the areas of my life and analyzing how they fit into it before deciding to keep something or get rid of it.

The first objective is obvious - clean out your stuff! While this is a difficult and time consuming process, it is very rewarding. I am by no means finished "shedding" the physical clutter, but I have tackled the kids clothes, books, craft supplies, and made some major improvements in the basement/storage. The next major hurdle - all things paper (mail, filing, kids art, etc).

The second area I am tackling is my "Schedule Clutter". Now, if you know me, you know that I like a full schedule of activities. I suppose that this is because I thrive on schedule, and without one, I am the queen of wasting time. I spent a lot of time looking at the "time wasters" in my schedule, and think that I have really come up with some great changes.

The final area to tackle is "Habit Clutter". The idea here is to shed the habits that are weighing you down or holding you back. For me this has been difficult. It is very easy to fall back into old habits. I have found the best way to get rid of bad habits is to replace them with new habits. Let's hope they stick!

I still have lots more to tackle, but I am pleased with the progress so far. I highly recommend reading this book!

No comments: