Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Leaf Pitcher

Well, for those of you who do not live in New England - baseball season has begun. Here in Red Sox Nation you can't miss it. Opening Day was rained out, the rescheduled game was an afternoon game, so tonight is the first night of many for watching baseball on TV.

Since I refuse to be engulfed in the off-season speculation, the Eagle was giving me the rundown of the 2009 team as we watched the beginning of the game.... Who is injured, who is returning, who isn't, who is new, etc.

Midway through the discussion we heard this...

Tumbleweed: "Excuse me, Daddy. What's a leaf pitcher?"

The quick-witted response...

Eagle: "He's the guy that comes in when your starter is done and picks up the leaves"

Her response to that...

Tumbleweed: "Silly Daddy. There are no leaves on the field"

Only comeback left...

Eagle: "That's because the leaf pitcher did his job"


How would you have answered?


Welcome back baseball...and for anyone who didn't get it, she was referring to the "relief pitcher", a position which apparently the Red Sox are deep at this season.

No comments: