Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Sunday, April 19, 2009

It's a Surprise

This weekend we tackled some of our many yard work projects. The main focus of the weekend was raking the yard to remove leaves, dead grass, moss and about a million ice storm sticks so we could put down grass seed in yet another attempt to have a pretty & even lawn this summer. Mother Nature gave us a nice deadline with some rain arriving around dinnertime yesterday, so we frantically worked during the Dandilions' naptime and managed to get it done. Now it is a waiting game to see if the grass grows.

Today I finished cleaning out my garden bed around the deck. This proved to be quite a challenge, as it had gotten quite overgrown by the end of the summer. Under the layer of leaves, I found some of the plants that returned from last year - 2 Strawberry plants, tiger lilies, columbine, and lilies. I also found some other new growth, but I can't tell what it is and if I planted it - or is it a weed I should be pulling?

So here is a little quiz. If you know what any of the these things are please comment - it would really help me out!

Plant or weed?
#1
#2
#3
#4
#5
#6
#7

3 comments:

Pilaar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ali said...

I'm not sure what #1 is but it is definitely NOT a weed, so I wouldn't pull it. #2 looks like wild or hardy Geranium, which is perennial and will bloom in the summer. I'm not sure about the others, but if I had to guess I would say # 3 is a toss up and 4-6 are weeds. Good Luck!

Michele said...

# 7 is clover - it is up to you to decide if it is a weed!

#2 I think is crane's bill gerianium

#3 is some other sort of geranium

#4 looks daisy-ish to me as does #6

#5 - ya got me - I say wait and see