Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Playground Time

Ahhh... the playground. To be perfectly honest, it is one of my least favorite places. I know, it is supposed to be fun. Well, I know it is fun for the kids, but it isn't much fun for me. Since I am only one person, and have two kids, the playground is the ultimate test of trust, patience, endurance, boundary setting, and letting go.

We took our first trip of the year today. It was gorgeous out. Both kids were very excited, although I imagine that in the beginning the Dandilion was excited because the Tumbleweed was, since he wasn't really big enough for the playground last year.

The Tumbleweed immediately dashed for the highest slide. The Dandilion just moved his little legs as fast as he could to the first thing he saw. It was then that I realized how hard this was going to be. Already I could not see both kids at the same time. What was I thinking?!? Why don't mothers really have eyes in the back of their heads?

I did manage to last nearly 30 minutes before we called it a day. Everyone survived. I am sure we'll go back. By the end of the summer it'll be a piece of cake. After today, I want a piece of cake as a reward.


3 comments:

Ali said...

UGH! I know what you mean! And Gavin is still in the stroller! Luke has a "No Fear" attitude and has already fallen off the ramp at Woolie World. He flipped over and landed perfectly on his bum, got up and ran away. He was fine and I was having a coronary. Sheesh, these kids are trying to kill us.

AmyR0618 said...

RESIST THE CAKE!

Danielle said...

I agree, as awful as it is, I am not a big fan of the playground. But since the girls are, I suck it up and go (much like many other things I have found myself doing as a parent) :) It's the problem of watching them both at the same time - maybe that will get easier.