Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Seeing Green

With Earth Day approaching, "Going Green" seems to be on everyone's mind. There are eco-friendly options in every area of our lives, but breaking old habits in favor of new ones can sometimes be difficult especially if you don't know where to start!

I have been very fortunate to have met lots of people during my life, past & present, who have been able to give me tips in a variety of different areas of life. From composting to recycling to joining a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture or "crop sharing") we try to do our part for the earth.

Today the MOMS Club had a great speaker about "Green Cleaning". Leslie Reichert, “green” cleaning coach, gave us a lot of simple and inexpensive ways to clean around the house. All this time I had been debating about buying things like "Green Works" at the grocery store, and it is as simple as using things like vinegar, baking soda, lemon juice and salt! She also showed us some great choths & sponges from Europe that do the jobs of hundreds of paper towels. And then pointed out that these mixtures & products are safe for the kids to use - so they can help with the cleaning! I highly recommend checking out her blog (she is having a Spring Cleaning Giveaway!) and her store, if you are local.

I have to say, I am excited to try some of the tips... hmmm... excited about cleaning? Is that possible?

No comments: