Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Crunch

Thank goodness for seatbelts and car seats and safe cars. While our car is no longer useful, and our strollers completely crushed and tangled in the car, we all walked away from a pretty bad accident. The kids barely had a scratch on them. I, on the other hand, am hobbling on a bum knee and nursing some air bag burns & seatbelt bruises.

Before I forget the details, I want to write them down...

The kids and I were out & about for the day as our roof was being done. After stopping for lunch, I headed from Shrewsbury back in the direction of Millbury for storytime at Barnes & Noble. But, the Tumbleweed fell asleep on the way there, so I decided to drive around for a bit before heading back to the Y to drop her off at an afternoon childcare program that we had signed up for earlier that day.

After meandering my way through Millbury & Grafton, I got back to Rt 20 to make my way back to the Y. We were nearly there when traffic stopped in front of us. I came to a stop, but the big dump truck behind me did not. He did try to swerve, but hit us in the left rear, sending us into the dump truck in front of us and the side guard rail.

After some really great concerned citizens helped us from the car, and helped us collect some important belongings, we were off to ride to the hospital. After much waiting and a couple of x-rays, I was released, with no real diagnosis. My knee hurts and I can't bend it, but otherwise we are all OK. We are very thankful for that.

Extra kisses for the kids today :)

No comments: