Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Monday, April 21, 2008

Little Sticky Fingers

The Tumbleweed and I learned a lesson today. I learned that I need to pay more attention to her even when she is in the stroller. She learned not to take things from a store without paying.

We were at the mall shopping for the morning. One of our first stops was The Disney Store. Overall, she was quite good in the store, but at the end the Dandilion got fussy. So we hurried along and checked out. He eventually fell asleep and we continued shopping. She was very much looking forward to riding the carousel at the end of the day, and in the last store I told her as soon as we were done paying we would reward her good behavior and she could ride. While we stood in line a small package appeared on the sunshade of her side of the stroller and she asked me to open it. It was a toy from the Disney Store that I definitely had not purchased!

Needless to say she did not ride the carousel. We had a long talk on our way back to the Disney Store. They were quite understanding and (smiling) thanked her for bringing it back. I wasn't smiling. We had another long talk about asking for things before she takes them. Especially in a store. Hope it sinks in.

No comments: