Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Handmade

I am not sure why I suddenly had the urge to clean up my scrapbooking supplies and get out my sewing machine, but that is just what I did. The main reason was to make a couple of birthday presents for the Tumbleweed to take to some upcoming birthday parties, but we got a little sidetracked.

It all started when the Dandelion was playing with his Popple (aka "Poppy Ball") and putting it to bed in a "crib" (toy basket). I had suggested he go find a little doll pillow and blanket from the Tumbleweed's room, but she was not too happy about sharing them ("They are pink. That means they are girl things"). Since I was headed to Joann's to get fabric anyway, we got some to make Popple a pillow and blanket as well.

I hadn't had the sewing machine out since the Tumbleweed was her brother's age, so naturally they dropped everything to watch what I was doing. We established the rules and that I wouldn't be sewing with the Dandelion on my lap and I got started on the blanket. The Tumbleweed got to try sewing a bit on the pillow (she has a bit of a lead foot - LOL). Then both kids helped stuff the pillow...














...and voila! Popple is all tucked in. The Dandelion was so happy.


With all of the "help" I decided to wait until after bedtime for the remaining sewing :)

3 comments:

Ali said...

I didn't know you could sew. hmmm…would you be willing to teach some of us?.

Kristin said...

I have *some* sewing skills, what do you want to make?

Ali said...

I want to make an apron, but I haven't decided if I want just the skirt part of an apron, or the whole front that goes up around the neck. I should probably have a whole one. I get splatters on my shirt the most.