Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Christmas is coming!

Yes, I am one of those people who loves Christmas. And, after spending several years running a Hallmark store, I start shopping early. In my Hallmark days, Christmas shopping always started in July when the new ornaments premiered. Well, since we were on vacation for Ornament Premiere this year, I waited until October to get my ornaments. I am already behind!

Every year when I go get my ornaments I miss working at Hallmark. I loved decorating the store for each holiday, rearranging displays to feature the latest promotion, helping people find "just the right gift" and wrapping presents. I guess what I miss most is the human interaction. From coworkers to sales reps to customers, I had numerous conversations with adults everyday. I don't think I fully appreciated it at the time.

Now, when I go in a store barely pushing my double stroller between the aisles, I have to refrain from asking if they need seasonal help. Oh well, it is fun to think back to my life before kids...

Bring on the Christmas decorations --- I love the holidays :)

No comments: