Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Friday, February 20, 2009

The Dark Ages

Grrr. My computer isn't working AGAIN. While we diagnose & repair it, I am stuck sharing The Eagle's computer. In the cold basement. Brrr.

It is funny to think back to the days when I didn't have my own computer, kept my files on a disk and took pictures with film. Not so these days. Without my computer I don't have access to my pictures (particularly difficult for a busy scrapbooker) or my calendars & contact info for the activities & classes we have each week. You don't realize how dependant on these things you are until you don't have them.

I have also had to plan my computer time differently. Since I have to go down to the basement, I am out of earshot of the kids. This means it isn't wise to be gone for more than a couple of minutes. And without fail, as soon as I make it down all of the stairs I hear "Mommmmmmmyyyyyyyy" and have to run back upstairs. So, that leaves the evening as the best time to use the computer, but that is when the Eagle uses it.

Maybe now I will finally read "Never Check E-mail in the Morning" and substantially reduce the amount of time I waste on my computer every day.

No comments: