Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day Plan

Dilemma of the day - what to do for another day in the house... The Eagle is working, so it is just me & the kids until dinner. Since usually I just take what comes at me on a day like this, and end up miserable, I thought I should try making a plan. Here is a long winded post about my thought processes this morning...

Right now "playing" seems to be going well. The kids are playing in the family room, chasing each other around. That will probably end in tears before I finish this post, but right now it sounds like fun. (Update: I am ready to post and there have been no tears!)

I still debating about going outside for snow play time. The weather is supposed to change over to "wintery mix" after lunch, so we would need to go out before then. And since the Dandilion will eventually take a nap this morning, if I want to include him we'd have to go out soon. But then again, I don't know if I can handle both of them outside in the cold (and getting all of their gear on) by myself. Maybe I'll take the Tumbleweed out during his nap...hmmm...

Since the Tumbleweed is no longer napping in the afternoons, I have 3 more hours to fill with activities for her (and 3 less hours to do what I need to do!). So I think we will do a movie in the early afternoon - maybe I can get some scrapbooking time during the movie :)

Later this afternoon I think we will set up play-doh at the kitchen table, so the Dandilion can sit in his high chair and try it. I am still concerned that he will eat it, but I'm going to give it a shot.

It also seems like a good day to do some cooking & baking. I think I will try another Crock Pot recipe - better get going on that. Then if I don't have to throw together dinner around 4:00, we can bake something as an afternoon activity. The Tumbleweed is really into baking these days and is always asking about it.

Somewhere in there, I am hoping to spend some time making progress on some of my scrapbooking projects. My monthly scrapbooking "book club" meets on Sunday, so I have a deadline to get things done by. I am enjoying having these deadlines, as it definitely helps me get more done but sometimes it makes for late nights when I procrastinate!

OK - sounds like it's going to be a busy day! TTFN

No comments: