Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Not getting enough done

Why is it when you have lots of things to do, and free time to do it in, you get less done than if you had very little time to do the same things? That's where I am at today. I have a list a mile long, and almost nothing crossed off...grrr. I could make a lot of excuses, but I think the reason is plain & simple --- there is not urgent reason to do it, so it is hard to get motivated.

One of my goals this new year is to not procrastinate projects until the last minute, so I am trying to work on breaking this habit. I have basically cleared this weekend for all of these projects, so for tonight & tomorrow I am going to try to be more specific and give myself some "homework" & deadlines. I need a specific direction in order to focus my energy, rather than aimlessly working on 12 things at the same time and completing non of them!

As the saying goes... "If you want something done, give it to a busy person"... I need to be busy, to have a mission, to have a direction, to have a deadline. (Just ask everyone who went to Disney with me...LOL)

No comments: