Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Monday, January 19, 2009

Adventures in Cooking - Part 2

Cooking for Kids...

Today I decided we would have a "kid meal" for dinner and the Tumbleweed helped me make it. We used one of her Christmas gifts, the "Cooking for Kids" cookbook. We picked the recipe in the morning and made our list, then went shopping for the ingredients. When it came time to cook our "Pizza Snack Cups" she helped with several of the steps. When we all sat down she was vary proud to announce to Daddy that she had made dinner - and she ate it too (we have been off & on with dinners over the past few months so any dinner that isn't a struggle is good!)

I have been trying to remember to include the Tumbleweed in my daily activities by giving her some "harder" tasks to keep her interested. Lately she has seemed so disinterested in helping out, and finally I realized that she was probably just bored with her "jobs". (I'm bored with most of mine too, but I don't think I can stop changing diapers...LOL). So anyway, she did quite well with some new responsibilities at the grocery store, including holding the list and checking things off. She is also getting pretty good in the kitchen at knowing where to find things and what things get hot. It is quite pleasant when she is into helping out :)

No comments: