Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Garden Update

Here is an update one month after my "Plant or Weed?" post.

Plant or weed?
#1 - Plant: Gooseneck - I planted this, but it spreads! I think I am going to have to thin it so it doesn't take over the garden.
Then:
Now:
#2 - Not sure yet - It definitely spreads like a weed, but is still possibly something pretty.
Then:
Now:
#3 - Plant: Hollyhock, I think. Still looks relatively the same, with bigger leaves.
Then:
#4 - Plant: Foxglove Three plants almost ready to bloom :)
Then:
Now:
#5 - Weed - at least I think so. I keep pulling and it keeps growing back.
Then:
#6 - Plant: Daisies They are a lot bigger than before but not much different.
Then:

#7- Clover ... still letting it grow, but might pull it.
Then:
Now:
#8 - NEW - can't tell what this is. Any ideas? (Tiger lilies are growing behind)


....

A few other gardening notes...

The strawberries & tomatoes are looking good. As seen here:













My thumb may be turning slightly green after all. We'll know when the green fruits turn a nice ripe red.

I have bought & planted lots of new perennials throughout the yard, some will be flowering soon. The seeds I started inside and transferred to the garden a few weeks back didn't make it. Oh well. Two weeks ago I put down "Butterfly Garden" wildflower seeds along the remainder of the walk. I have yet to see any plants (other than grass) coming up. Today I am going to try using some some plant food and see if I can get something to grow!

Feel free to comment if you know what the unidentified plants are! Or even if you don't :)

No comments: