Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Monday, May 4, 2009

Forksticks & Dinner

Tonight it was the Dandilion's first time using chopsticks (or 'forksticks' as the Tumbleweed named them years ago). Fortunately I bought two sets of "training" chopsticks, just in case. The Dandilion has seen the Tumbleweed using them in the past, but never asked for some until tonight... "tha, tha, thaaaaaa" (that's toddler speak for "I want that").

So here he is fascinated by his new utensil...


If it doesn't work, use your hands...

...or get Daddy's help...


And I realized when I looked back through my pictures to find this shot of the Tumbleweed's first time using chopsticks (before I found training chopsticks)...

We were eating almost the same dinner... Stir Fry Chicken with Iron Chef General Tso's sauce and rice.

Tonight we had mixed veggies in the stir fry. I recently found that Price Chopper makes up containers of "stir fry vegetables" which make for a nice variety without having to buy and cut up 6-7 kinds of vegetables. For under $3 you can get a mix of broccoli, cauliflower, snow peas, peppers, onions, squash, zucchini, carrots & tomatoes, which is perfect for tossing into a stir fry. This is one of our "go to" dinners and it comes together really easily - and we all like it!

No comments: