Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Little Fish

With the warm weather returning and summer approaching, the kids are back in swimming lessons. The Tumbleweed is a "Pike" and I take the Dandilion to Parent & Child class at the same time. Both kids are a bit "hot & cold" about swimming - one week is great and the next is not, and they rarely both have "good weeks" at the same time.

After a good first lesson, the Tumbleweed went back to not wanting to jump in and get her face wet. And when I was just about to give up and pull her out of class if she didn't want to swim, she had a good week last week and decided to be brave & jump in. She continued her progress this week, jumping with no help off the blocks and even trying a "sit dive". At the end of class she jumped in with out her flotation bubbles and swam back to the wall. Maybe there is hope...

The Dandilion's success depends more on his general mood than the water. If he is tired, there is not much that can be done - he is going to be miserable. If he is well rested, he is more than happy to sing songs ("Wheels on the Bus" and "Itsy Bitsy Spider"), make "scoopers" and get dunked in the water. He still hasn't quite gotten the hang of jumping in off the side by himself, but he has stopped running away when I stand him up on the edge.

I have been trying to get pictures of the kids at the pool since the first class, but with the Dandilion always heading straight for the water, I can barely keep him from falling in nevermind get usable photos. Today the Eagle was able to come with us to watch swimming lessons. The kids & I were thrilled that he was able to be there and he captured several great videos of both kids and got some pictures for me to scrapbook. Yay!

Who knew I would like a picture of me in a bathing suit...

No comments: