Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Show Must Go On

It was a crazy week. We had lots going on, and nothing we could reschedule. And after adding my wisdom teeth removal, I really wasn't sure if we would actually be functional by the end of the week.

The Tumbleweed's dance recital was tough, but a cute ending to the week. Yesterday, the dress rehearsal, confirmed my decision that we will not do dance class again next year. At least not one with a recital.

For starters, the report time for the Tumbleweed was 4:00 --- which is right in the middle of her nap. Since I would have to spend at least 1 hour getting her ready and allowing a half hour to get the Dandilion dropped off at a friend's house (no siblings allowed), we needed to start getting ready at 2:30. So I decided it would be a no nap day...

But, the Tumbleweed didn't care what I had planned and fell asleep in the car at 1:45. I carried her in, and she slept on the bathroom floor while I ran a bath to try to wake her (she is a very sound sleeper!). By 3:00, I had her awake but I was running behind schedule. I managed to get her hair all done, and started getting her into her tights, and that is where things really fell apart.

After promising me that she did not have to go potty (why I listened, I do not know) --- she peed in her tights! The tights that she was required to wear. So, with her in tears and myself nearly in tears, I ran down and washed the tights and threw them in the dryer hoping 15 minutes would be enough.

It wasn't. We left in a separate set of clothes. When we got there, she had to put her damp tights on. She rallied better than I expected, and went on with the show. I was able to video the routines and take a few pictures, since we weren't allowed to at the actual recital.

The recital was cute --- I think she did a little better than at the rehearsal. After the intermission her routines were done, so she came to "sit" with us. Once the music started, she was up in the aisle dancing to every song! Some routines she did pretty well. Several people sitting behind us commented that she was the best part of the show :) I imagine others were annoyed, but I think she would have been a lot more annoying if I tried to make her sit.

Phew - I am glad it's over. *Note to self -- read this before thinking of signing a child up for dance class again!

No comments: