Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Mountain Grows

Somehow kids have a way of making a mountain out of a molehill... especially when the molehill is made of laundry. I feel like we are always drowning in clothes - dirty and clean; old and new.

Now I know kids get their clothes dirty, but between poop, spit up, food spills, paint, potty training accidents, dirt, and stickers my pile of clothes requiring stain removal or "special care" is bigger than the pile that doesn't need it. So now rather than dividing the kids laundry into his & hers or light & dark, we have "stained" and "not stained". And as if having to inspect every piece of clothing before washing it wasn't enough, I have to check each item between the washer and dryer to see if the stain came out. Therefore, I always do stained laundry first, so if I have to re-treat the stain, it can get washed again with the "non-stained" clothes. And now that Tumbleweed has decided that everything is more fun than using the potty, I have to do at least 1 extra load of underwear mid-week eventhough she has over 30 pairs!

Now, I barely have enough time in a week to get downstairs to pretreat all of the clothes, and that is while the kids are sleeping. The one thing I can't do with the laundry while the kids are sleeping is put it in their drawers. That has lead to my current problem. I have all of their clothes bins full of clean & folded laundry. Every morning I am searching through these bins hoping that we have at least one complete outfit clean.

What is the big deal about putting the clothes in the drawers... well, there isn't room right now, because I have to take out all of the clothes they have outgrown or is out of season. But, alas, where will the time to do that come from!

Topic for another day... If I continue to save all of the outgrown clothes that I loved, where will I keep them all?

No comments: