Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Little Sponge

The Tumbleweed loves to learn. It is so fun to watch her when she really gets into something. Her preschool had a special event today where they had a guest bring some unusual animals for the kids to learn about in person. She sat herself right in the front row and was ready for anything! I was only able to stay for part of it, but got to see her touch a Bearded Dragon, pet a ferret and get a pitcure of her holding a tree frog. But I think her favorite part of the day was learning the word "Chinchilla" She was so proud that she could say it. I don't think she even remembered holding the frog until I showed her the picture... and I thought that would have been the highlight!

And on a separate note --- she can write her name! I don't think she remembers all of the letters and their order yet, but she can write all of the letters. I think she has secretly been working on perfecting this, because until I asked her to write her name on Mother's Day cards she would tell me "I don't know how" and I couldn't even get her to make the first letter.

No comments: