Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Pneumonia and the ER

We made our first trip to the ER today. The Tumbleweed has been running a high fever since Saturday morning. There didn't seem to be much in the way of otehr symptoms, but with such a high fever I called the doctor anyway. We had a 3:00 appointment, the doctor examined her and said "It is probably just the flu, but we will run some bloodwork anyway."

The bloodwork came back with a high white cell count... which apparently means that it could be pneumonia. So... we were sent to the ER for chest X-rays. It was not that simple, though.

After the Eagle took the Dandilion home, we were left to wait...and wait... finally, we were seen. Again, nothing looked wrong, but they did a full work up... yup, not just X-rays, the full deal. I spent two hours listening to "I all done. Go home NOW!" at the top of her lungs, and there was nothing I could do.

A catheter, an X-ray, 2 attempts to draw blood, IV antibiotics and two hours later, I was left convincing them that we should be allowed to go home. They were going to admit her to spend the night! How was I going to manage that? The Dandilion was still nursing, and I was already feeling the pain of being away from him.

In the end they let us leave. Thank goodness I made it home in time to be up all night with Cameron.

It is going to be a long week.

No comments: