Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Some Things Never Change

I'm not quite sure why, but I decided to look back at some old posts. It is kind of strange to look back a year and a half to see posts about the Tumbleweed's potty training, a crawling Dandelion who ate the Valentine doilies, and to a time where the 24th of every month was "Cupcake Day". Sadly, those memories don't really feel like "yesterday" anymore. I am very glad I wrote them down when they happened. Reading them is like a window into the past.

Oddly, some of those old posts could have been written yesterday because they are completely relevant to today and things haven't changed in the 1.5+ years since I wrote them.

Still true is this post about the books on my "to read" list. Well - I have actually started "7 Habits of Highly Effective Families", but perhaps I should have put "Never Check E-mail in the Morning" on the top of my pile, because I am only about halfway through "7 Habits" [I guess that makes it "3.5 Habits for a Somewhat Effective Family"].

Still true is this post about the endless supply of paper that clutters up the house. I guess after a year and a half I now know that the "new system" I attempted back in January 2008 isn't working.

And finally, this post about procrastination could have been written on any of about 100 nights that I have been up doing late night cleaning/prepping for a playgroup in the morning. In fact, I am pretty sure I will be doing some more midnight vacuuming tomorrow night.

So like I said, for all of the changes that have happened in our little world since I started this blog, some things will never change.

No comments: