Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

No More Swaddling

The Dandilion is finally learning to self-soothe. At 6 1/2 months old, he hasn't really slept through the night. We walk on eggshells anytime he actually is asleep. At night we would complete a sequence of nursing, swaddling, putting on left side, mobile music, shower sounds CD, nightlight, bathroom fan, and crossing our fingers and even then we didn't get much sleep. A good night would mean the Dandilion slept more than 3 hours.

But yesterday, when there were no clean SwaddleMe's, the Dandilion took a nap in the crib under just a blanket. A nap was a feat in itself, but without swaddling was practically a miracle. Last night we skipped the swaddling and he slept from 9:30pm until 5:15am. He cried briefly a couple of times, but soothed himself before I could get out of bed. And this afternoon he completed another successful nap (both he and the Tumbleweed slept through playgroup).

Keeping my fingers crossed for tonight!

No comments: