Still Catching Up...

I wish I could devote more time to blogging these days, but the best I can do is to post when I can.

Stay tuned...

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Kid Logic

The kids each got a chance to play "the claw" game at the bowling alley when we were there this week. Neither of them won anything and I didn't hand out more money to keep trying.

The Tumbleweed came to me this morning with $6 in quarters and asked how many turns she would get. We talked it through and determined that since it costs 50¢/play she would get 12 plays. Her response, "Ooh yay! When can we go?"

To that I said, "Honey, even with 12 plays you still might not win anything at all and then you won't have any money left. Wouldn't you rather take your $6 to the store and buy something?"

Her answer, "But mom, I could win 6, or even 12, prizes. I can't get that if I just go to the store." And she bounced off to the other room.

Oh well, I tried. We will have to revisit the discussion the next time we go bowling...

1 comment:

AmyR0618 said...

The mind of a gambler! lol